Monday, September 26, 2011

Morning was Broken




So I was outside just before day break this morning having a little coffee and waiting for my pet squirrel to come for his usual breakfast of fruit balls.  I was well aware that this may be no ordinary day, that Comet Elenin was in front of the sun and that havoc could ensue somewhere, sometime, maybe today.

But I did not expect to see what happened right in front of me.  There I was on the WEST porch.   Just a tiny bit of brightness was taking hold as daybreak was about to begin.  And then - there was a sight I have never seen in my entire life.  It looked exactly like the sun was about to rise in the west!  Clouds had gathered, some low, some high; the low clouds looked backlit, illuminated as the sky was getting bright like the sun was rising behind the clouds.  The high clouds stayed dark.

Now I'm in full alert mode after seeing something that odd going on in what is normally a very stable earth.   I stayed on alert for the next hour and more until the sun fully rose properly in the east and the condition slowly dissipated into full daylight.

Even more alarming was that this fantastically odd backlit illumination was occurring not just in the west but in the north,  the south, and in the east.  It looked for all the world as though four suns were rising this broken morning.

'Elenin is here' I said to myself.
'Maybe I'm just crazy.'  So I picked up the phone and called my neighbor.    'Come outside and see something you may never see again in your life.'  Out she came in her pajamas looking frantically north, south, east and west.  She said to me, 'the sun always rises here' as she pointed over the large tree in the east yard.  'Yes, I know' I said.

The squirrel never showed for his free meal.  And I observed something else.  The outside birds always line up for morning merriment on the very highest power line.    Today, it seemed like every time they tried to gain the height to make it to the wire, they were snapped back like a rubber band.   There was little wind to speak of nor would that be a factor since I have seen the birds fly hard against a prevailing wind to reach the target.   My guess is that they met resistance of electromagnetic pulses, however slight or not, and they would not go through it.

This was morning.
What will dusk bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment